Alleppey Popularly called as Venice of East. The speciality here is the backwaters. It got well-connected waterways to Cochin, Kumarakom and Kollam.
The backwater cruising can be by
The boat is operated by Kerala Govt. The boating time from 11 am to 5 Pm and charges are per seat
- Shikara Boat You can choose this open boat during the day time. The boat can be hired on an hourly basis. You can hire this boat to watch the sunrise of sunset. It would be a private boat
- 2 Hours Cruise - Timings are 10 am to 12 Noon
- Full day Cruise - 12 Noon to 5 pm with traditional Kerala Meals for Lunch
- Overnight Stay in the Houseboat. All 3 meals are served in the boat for the Guests. The houseboat options are (Interiors and Exteriors are different in each category)
- Deluxe boat - AC in the bedroom from Night 9 pm to Morning at 6 am.
- Premium Boat - AC in the bedroom from Checkin time 12noon to check out time 9 am
- Luxury boat- AC in the bedroom, Lobby and dining area
Apart from the backwaters, Alleppey has a wide choice of Sightseeings to visit,
- International coir Museum - A museum, which exhibits the products made of Coir (extracted from the outer husk of Coconut) and the history Coir industry
- Revi Karunakaran Memorial Museum - A Private museum set up by Mrs Betty Karan in the memory of her husband, Mr Revi Karunakaran - Was instrumental in modernizing Coir Industry of Kerala. The museum has the biggest private collection of Swaroski Crystals and Ivory collections in the world, Tanjore Paintings, Porcelain Collection and Kerala Room - which showcases the heritage of Kerala
- Krishapuram Palace - The palace built on 18th Century built in Traditional Kerala architecture
- An archaeological museum of ancient paintings and inscriptions, coins, megalithic remains, artefacts made of wood, brass and stone sculptures
- The famous exhibits are - Gajendra Moksham – A single piece of Mural painting – approximate height of 9.8 feet, Kayamkulam Sword – Which has both sides sharpened unlike one side of the traditional sword. The sword used by the rulers in18th Century, Buddha Mandapam – Which has a Statue of Budha – dated to 10 Century
- The travel time from Alleppey to this Krishnapuram palace is around 1 hour
- Beaches There is a choice of beaches around. Sharing the details beaches which are popular
- Alleppey beach - The attraction here in Old pier into the Sea (constructed 150 years ago)The light House and Vijaya Beach Park.
- Mararrikulam Beach - 14km away from Alleppey - A quiet beach.
Pathiramanal Island It is uninhabited Island, Ahome to different species of birds. Tourists visit the island to watch the birds. It can be reached through boat only.
Kakkathuru Island Tourists visit this tiny Island to watch the Sunset. It's been highlighted in Natgeo Channel as one of the Stunning locations in the world. The tourists who visit can even preorder Kerala Traditional Meal while visiting this village.
- Ambalapuzha Krishna temple, built-in 15 Century AD, The prasdam which offered here is Quite famous - Pal Payasam made with rice and Milk,
- MannarShaal Nagaraj temple, - Quite a famous Serpent temple, believed to be a 3000-year-old Temple.
- Mullakal Bhagawathy temple – 500 years old Goddess Temple
- Sree Subramanya Swami Temple Haripad One of the oldest temples in Kerala and believed to have established before Kaliyuga. Its 32 Km away from Alleppey
- St. Andrew's basilica, Attunkal ( 22 Km away from Alleppey) – the largest shrine of St.Sebastian in the world. Its constructed in the 16th Century
- Eadthura Church ( 28 Km away from Alleppey) – 200 Years old Church, Feast of St.George is the most famous festival with Pilgrims across south India visiting during that time.
- St.Mary’s Church Niranam ( 35 Km away from Alleppey) - One of the oldest churches built in the world. It is supposed to have been Built-in AD 54 by St.Thomas